Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allenp1981
Level 7

3 days ago my roku premiere was fine now it won't pick up my wireless router.

ok this is a pain 3 days ago .y romu premiere starts getting low signal and won't connect to my network. My router is in the next room and has always been fine with signal and I have reset the router ,roku etc. Help the only way it connects is if i and right at the router but all other devices in the house have no issues even an older roku streaming stick.

It is a 3920rw

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allenp1981
Level 7

Re: 3 days ago my roku premiere was fine now it won't pick up my wireless router.

I believe it is in the 9.3.0 build 4170-91 update and I have no option to roll it back. I know this is the problem because new menus and extra features were added and that is when my issues started happening 

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Level 10

Re: 3 days ago my roku premiere was fine now it won't pick up my wireless router.

only thing i think of is that your 3920 uses 2.4 ghz band only.  anything change in that wireless network for you?  are you able to try with hotspot from phone?  that will give clue if router or the roku device.

0 Kudos
Allenp1981
Level 7

Well nothing changed with the network checked it i haven't Hotspot it yet i will try that next. But I did move it to the next room right on top of the router it picked up and connected. But another thing it quit seeing the living room router and my neighbors so its almost like the internal receiver for wireless has been damaged. Because where it was at i had full signal and the only thing that I can see changed was the new features from that update.

0 Kudos