Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloverangel317
Level 7

2nd ROKU premier that stopped connecting

I had a roku player about 2 years ago that worked for a out a year, then one night it just stopped connecting to the internet. I tried resetting my router (xfinity modem/router) tried disconnecting and resetting the roku, and nothing worked.

I just figured it died, so I bought a smart tv, instead.

Now my son has his 1st television in his room and I bought another ROKU premier because all he watches is youtube or netflix and has no cable hook up in his room. Last night it just did the same exact thing! Stopped connecting to the internet and will not find our wireless network.... even if I manually type in a private network. This is so stupid that I can't even find a phone number to get help from the company that makes the device! 

So aside from resetting my router... which I've done, and restarting my roku, which I've also done... what else is to be done to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: 2nd ROKU premier that stopped connecting

Don't know it will help but you could try Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset - this should clear out everything in memory re network settings.
Then start all over to connect to your net via Settings > Network > Set up connection.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Cloverangel317
Level 7

Re: 2nd ROKU premier that stopped connecting

Tried - did not work

0 Kudos