Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmuntean
Level 7

2 locations 2 players one wont work

I would like to use my roku3 at my cabin. I have a roku stick at home. roku3 used to work before I got the stick and carried it back and forth, now it says it cant connect to the internet. Do I have to say I'm at a dorm or hotel for some reason?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: 2 locations 2 players one wont work

@jimmuntean wrote:

I would like to use my roku3 at my cabin. I have a roku stick at home. roku3 used to work before I got the stick and carried it back and forth, now it says it cant connect to the internet. Do I have to say I'm at a dorm or hotel for some reason?

The hotel/dorm provision is only for those cases where you have to log onto the network's home page with a browser before you can connect to the internet.

No guarantees, but this has always worked for me when I've needed to re-establish the WiFi connection on a Roku device:

Reboot your router (Yes, do this even if your other devices have no problem finding and connecting to your network.)

When your router comes back up, restart your Roku via:
Separate Roku device: Settings > System > System restart
Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart

Reconnect to your network via Settings > Network > Set up connection

If this still doesn't work, try pulling the power plug on your Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in. When it's finished restarting, try to reconnect the network again.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos