Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrDoh
Level 7

2 Roku's, data not divided correctly in traffic metering

We have two Roku Ultra's, one downstairs and one upstairs. They get equivalent use for streaming internet TV, but the downstairs one is currently showing 15 times the data usage as the upstairs. The per-IP data metering is done via LEDE firmware on a Netgear R7800 router. I'm wondering if I'm the only one that sees this with multiple Roku's? The total data between the 2 Roku's is about right, according to what I see when I go to look at my internet data usage figures on Comcast, so I don't think that there's an overall problem, just the way the data is divided somehow. 

So what I'm really wondering is if this is a bug in the LEDE traffic monitoring, or if this is seen with other router firmware traffic monitoring as well? Doesn't matter a lot, since the total Roku data looks right...just looks way off-kilter to me.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: 2 Roku's, data not divided correctly in traffic metering

Have you swapped them and checked to see if the disparity follows the device or stays with the location?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos