Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babeebatch
Level 7

2 Roku express units - 1 connects, 1 doesn't

I have 2 units on 2 different tv's in 2 different rooms (next to each other).  1 connects to wifi, the 2nd one doesn't.  I even exchanged it and still have same issue.  It connects to my hotspot but not to my wifi.  Why is this happening?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2 Roku express units - 1 connects, 1 doesn't

@Babeebatch 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried placing the device that does not work in the room that does work and seeing if it is able to connect to your device? As well as vice-versa, have you tried placing the device that is working into the room that isn't working and seeing if it is able to connect?

After connecting the device to your mobile hotspot and setting it up, have you tried placing the device in the room that is not working and seeing if it is able to connect to your network?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
MzVee
Level 7

Im having the same problem.  I'll try what was suggested.

0 Kudos
dceray
Level 7

Exactly the same problem!  2 Roku Express, 2 different tv's, 2 different rooms, both trying to connect to the same wifi.  It worked perfect for 4 days, then roku farthest away from modem stopped working. Then roku right next to modem stopped working a couple of days later. Disconnected farthest modem. Roku nxt to modem started working. So took it to back bedrm and switched them.  It worked for 30 min then stopped. PLEASE HELP!! 

0 Kudos