Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewanchapman
Level 7

14.30 connection error message

Wonder if anyone can help: We have a Roku Express streaming stick, which functioned perfectly until yesterday, when our router stopped working. Got on the phone to the ISP and (cut a long story short) someone somewhere made a change and up came the router again. Connected all our devices, but when it came to the Roku it wasn't having any of it. It can see the router, but can't make the connection. I have tried restarting router and Roku as per the on-screen instructions (several times actually) but no joy. I put a message out on the Roku website, and just had some guy call me from Florida offering to fix it for a one-off $69 fee... As the Roku cost £25 that seems a bit silly, but he said if I bought a new one it would just show the same error. I can't understand why it can see the server but can't connect - they sit next to each other in the media cupboard, and it was working fine. IS it something to do with the channel the router is operating on or something?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chicken
Level 7

Re: 14.30 connection error message

Sounds like a router password issue to me.  Not certain of that but might explain why the ROKU cannot log in.  Log into your router's configuration web page to confirm the password?
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 14.30 connection error message

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please keep in mind that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information regarding fraudulent support please see our support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755728-what-should-i-do-if-i-cannot-connect-to-my-home-network-o...

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos