Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 14.30 connection error message

Jump to solution

@niktutt 

Thanks for the note.

Have you made any changes recently to your wireless network or router?

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
niktutt
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have not changed any password. I have 2 roku's and neither one will connect.

no CHANGE.. AND ALL OTHER DEVICES CONNECT.

Thanks Nikki

0 Kudos
VinceMundo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Guys, I too was getting the 14.30 error message.  It started out of the blue no changes to router or network.  I have 4 Roku Ultra units and this was only affecting one unit, all others units worked fine.  The Roku could see the network just fine but could not connect.  Tried resetting everything as suggested by other users.  Tried doing a Network Reset, in settings also as suggested by another users, nothing worked.  Here is the resolution that worked for me:

Connect your Roku to the network using a WIRED CONNECTION and check for software updates.  In my case a software update came down was installed and the problem went away everything working great now.  So it appears the problem was related to a bug in one of the software versions.  I disconnected the wired connection and went back to a wireless connection and it is back to normal.  I am now using software version 9.4.0 Build 4176.

Tags (1)
Stickbug29
Level 7

Jump to solution

@VinceMundo wrote:

Hi Guys, I too was getting the 14.30 error message.  It started out of the blue no changes to router or network.  I have 4 Roku Ultra units and this was only affecting one unit, all others units worked fine.  The Roku could see the network just fine but could not connect.  Tried resetting everything as suggested by other users.  Tried doing a Network Reset, in settings also as suggested by another users, nothing worked.  Here is the resolution that worked for me:

Connect your Roku to the network using a WIRED CONNECTION and check for software updates.  In my case a software update came down was installed and the problem went away everything working great now.  So it appears the problem was related to a bug in one of the software versions.  I disconnected the wired connection and went back to a wireless connection and it is back to normal.  I am now using software version 9.4.0 Build 4176.

I have the roku streaming stick + and have the same problem you described. Out of the blue won't connect to the wireless even though the network appears and is right next to the router so full strength. Restarted router and roku stick and still won't work. This version of roku doesn't have the wired connection option, only wireless, and it won't let me check for upgrades without being connected. Any thoughts on how to proceed? 

0 Kudos
shidar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issues and I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps:

- Restart router and Roku Express device

- Network reset in Roku

- Tested router connection with other devices that connects

Roku Serial Number: YG008G616767

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@shidar

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

For more information about that error code, visit our Support page here: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

- Have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chamlin18
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this same issue. I have restarted router and roku several times. I have changed to 2.4gz. I don't have a hot spot on my cell phone to try another network. But the one I have has excellent reception. When I try to play an app it does not boot all the way up. I go back to the home screen and the time on the screen appears and connection status says it's connected. But when I actually go to check connection it cycles through and then gives me a red x for wireless connection. I'm at my wits end it worked perfectly for 2 months and then started doing this 4 days ago. I have a 3930X Roku express. PLEASE HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Chamlin18

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chamlin18
Level 7

Jump to solution

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to?  Yes! I also restarted the router and roku once the change was made and it still lost connection

The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? I am not aware of how to do this and what changing the broadcast channel means

- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? My router is close to the Roku and it shows the signal is excellent

- How long have you been experiencing this problem? I have had this problem now for 5 days and have followed all troubleshooting suggestions from your website. Like stated in my previous post it will appear to be connected but when I run the check wireless connection function the connection will be lost and give 14.30 error.  I even tried to pull up a channel while it appears to be connected and the channel never loads.  Then it shows that the connection is lost.

Serial # X00400EGASL1

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Chamlin18

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to change the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect. For more information about how to do this, you will need to contact your router manufacturer for further assistance.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos