Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

014:50 wont connect to wireless

symptom: Roku will not connect with wireless. Noticed issue when trying to move functioning Roku to another tv in my home. 

Observations: Blue light flashing 100% of time. No change after 10 minute power down, (after repower blue light still flashes). No change (blue light remains flashing) after reset button is pressed / activated.

Roku voice verifies internet signal is strong.

Known good wireless password . Successfully worked at system set up.  

Returned Roku to TV that was used to originally commission the Roku system and BLUE LIGHT CONTINUES TO BLINK. 

this unit appears to be defective.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 014:50 wont connect to wireless

@miketachovaka 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device to see if that resolves your issue.

We would also recommend taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What does error code 014.42 indicate?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@81 

Thanks for the note.

Can you please provide us a screenshot or picture with the error code the that you are seeing so we can get a better idea of what the issue is that you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The message was on the TV screen not the computer monitor so I don't know how I could do a screenshot like I've done a few from the computer.

0 Kudos
Level 19

@81  Thanks for reaching out. Error code 14.42 indicates an issue with the SSID (wireless network) that you are trying to connect to. Have you tried using the option to connect manually, and carefully enter your network's name and password manually? 

We'd recommend contacting your ISP and having them review your current wireless network name and password, and try making an adjustment to see if this helps resolve the issue. You'll want to ensure that you don't have any additional security or parental control measures in place that may also block the device from being able to successfully connect to your network. 

A good way to test would be to try and connect your device to a different wireless network entirely, such as a mobile hotspot, etc. If you are able to get connected to another network successfully, this would likely indicate an issue with your network's setup. 

Keep us posted from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos