Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C96tovar

014.3 error I can’t connect to my wifi at all

It’s not letting me connect to my wifi but it would get connected to my hotspot I keep on restarting my router or restarting my roku but it’s not letting me connect it to my wifi 

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 014.3 error I can’t connect to my wifi at all

@C96tovar 

Thanks for the post.

What Roku model device are you using? Were you experiencing this issue before? What frequency is your router using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mztrish16

I’m having the same exact issue. My internet is working on everything else except the Roku but it can connect to my phone hotspot.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Mztrish16

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I originally did wifi setup with a different network and all went well. Now I moved TV and roku to my home wifi network and roku system refuses to accept new network. I know it works because I am sending this to you using same network!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pedrogonzales

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What wireless frequency is your router broadcasting?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Pedrogonzales wrote:

I originally did wifi setup with a different network and all went well. Now I moved TV and roku to my home wifi network and roku system refuses to accept new network. I know it works because I am sending this to you using same network!

@Pedrogonzales- What exactly does "refuses to accept new network" mean?

Does the new network not show in the list of networks found in the wireless scan?

Is it found but doesn't then connect when you've entered the network password?

Some other symptom?

What is the exact text, if any, of any error message you receive?

And this is important, what model and model number Roku is this?  Roku menu path Settings > System > About will give you this information.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mts1285

Hi Danny,

I'm having this same issue.  I can't seem to find how to PM you with my details.

I've read all the posts and FAQs, nothing is working.

Model: 3930X SN: S008207RS52W

Thank you!

Mary 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mts1285

Thanks for the post.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:

- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Express is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About along with the answers to the above questions and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hb13
Reel Rookie

Same issue for me, disconnects regularly.  Network is 2.4 ghz on a premier. It no longer sees my network or any other upon searching when my phone can see several networks and is connected to my wifi as well, either on 2.4 or 5g. Have disconnected power from both router and roku. System update check and restart on roku. Nothing is working.  This is maddening. 

0 Kudos