Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Photon236
Reel Rookie

Smart Plugs go “Offline” and can’t be reinitiated

Two smart plugs powered lights erratically, sometimes following schedules, sometimes not.   They spontaneously go offline.   I cannot reactivate remotely.   If a light is on when the plug goes silent, it stays on and will not shut off.   Very disappointed in these programmable plugs.   Totally unreliable.    

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Smart Plugs go “Offline” and can’t be reinitiated

@Photon236 

Try Factory reset the Smart Plug. (press and hold the button on left side of plug until it blinks).

Then uninstall and reinstall the Smart Home app. (I usually restart the phone between the uninstall and reinstall).

----

I haven't had any issues with my smart plugs, but do have consistent problems with the SmartHome app, so not really sure which one may be causing your issue.  Doing both the above should give you a fresh start.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Photon236
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the guidance and quick response.   I will try the reset again.   I haven’t done the app procedure yet but will do. 

0 Kudos
Mves21

Experiencing the exact same issues. Two plugs not following schedules. I use these plugs to maintain an exotic plant tent, my plants are very unhappy since these plugs can’t do what they are designed to do. The humidifier plug (which is usually on for five minutes three times a day) turned on and ran for 7 hours…dumping water everywhere and soaking my plants. Not cool…did these fixes work for you? I’ve been deleting and reinstalling the plugs over and over to no avail….

0 Kudos
Photon236
Reel Rookie

I haven’t figured out how to make the plugs reliably work.   They repeatedly malfunction.    It might relate to my internet service, since I have frequent outages. I finally gave up and put the plugs in a drawer.   Wasted money.   I thought the smart plugs were a great idea.   They were, if they worked.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Plugs and rules/schedules not working.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. can you please provide us the following information:

• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • provide us with the Log ID when this issue occurs (from the Roku Smart Home app, select Account > Roku Support > Submit a log)?
  • screenshot of your Roku Smart Home plug rule/schedule that you are having an issue with

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos