Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forealzy

Outdoor smartplug firmware won’t update

Jump to solution

My Roku outdoor smart plug will not update . The devices are connected and next to each other and sitting next to the router. I tried everything but the “firmware” will not update on my plug. it will not let me skip the update. I have looked through the articles and found nothing that works. I have updated my app, unplugged the plug, and spent two hours trying to get it to work. If you or anyone has found out what to do in order to get it to update please let me know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor smartplug firmware won’t update

Jump to solution

Hi, @Forealzy

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd be more than glad to assist. As a start, we recommend visiting this support article on How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues. This article has an in-depth and detailed troubleshooting step on how to resolve a Smart Home device that is not updating.

If you're still having the same issue, please let us know and we'll assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor smartplug firmware won’t update

Jump to solution

Hi, @Forealzy

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd be more than glad to assist. As a start, we recommend visiting this support article on How to fix Roku Smart Home device software update issues. This article has an in-depth and detailed troubleshooting step on how to resolve a Smart Home device that is not updating.

If you're still having the same issue, please let us know and we'll assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.