Lights & power

Add Roku lights and smart plugs to your smart home. Learn how it works with virtual assistants, get troubleshooting tips, and find resources from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joen63
Reel Rookie

Indoor Smart Plug - No Plugs Found Error

Jump to solution

I have 2 indoor smart plugs that setup fine. I bought 2 more outlets.  When try to setup either of them, I get a" No Plugs Found" error.  My Bluetooth is on.  I am on my 2.4GHz WiFi channel (not my 5 GHz). I've restarted my phone.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the "Smart Home" application.  I still am unable to add these plugs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joen63
Reel Rookie

Re: Indoor Smart Plug - No Plugs Found Error

Jump to solution

I’m not sure I figured anything out, but I got my Indoor Smart Plus to be discovered by the Smart Home app so I could set it up. Either Roku did something to update the app or turning my Bluetooth off (and maybe my Location) and not turning it back on until the Smart app prompted me too allowed the app to find my device.

I did the following:

• No apps were running on my phone
  • I turned off my Location and Bluetooth on my phone.
  • Opened the Smart Home app
  • Selected “+”, then Add Device, then Lights & Power
  • Selected Indoor Smart Plug
  • Plugged in my Smart Outlet when prompted
  • Selected “Go to Settings” when the app prompted me, and I turned on my location
  • Selected “Go to Settings” when the app prompted me, and I turned on my Bluetooth
  • Selected my Wi-Fi when prompted (make sure you are on a 2.4 Ghz band).
  • App then found my device and let me set it up and update its firmware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joen63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m not sure I figured anything out, but I got my Indoor Smart Plus to be discovered by the Smart Home app so I could set it up. Either Roku did something to update the app or turning my Bluetooth off (and maybe my Location) and not turning it back on until the Smart app prompted me too allowed the app to find my device.

I did the following:

• No apps were running on my phone
  • I turned off my Location and Bluetooth on my phone.
  • Opened the Smart Home app
  • Selected “+”, then Add Device, then Lights & Power
  • Selected Indoor Smart Plug
  • Plugged in my Smart Outlet when prompted
  • Selected “Go to Settings” when the app prompted me, and I turned on my location
  • Selected “Go to Settings” when the app prompted me, and I turned on my Bluetooth
  • Selected my Wi-Fi when prompted (make sure you are on a 2.4 Ghz band).
  • App then found my device and let me set it up and update its firmware.
0 Kudos
jf6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! I had a plug that was not taking the update. The location and blue tooth had to be turned on in order to get the update. The app did not prompt me to make sure both were turned on. I even had one of the plugs tell me the update failed. However, the version listed in device information in settings was the most recent version.

0 Kudos