Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickedw
Level 7

why does my roku 3 lock up after it loads the roku bootup logo?

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 4230x boots up and displlays the roku logo, but never loads beyond that. I've tried pressing the reset without success.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: why does my roku 3 lock up after it loads the roku bootup logo?

Jump to solution

Well, it's five years old, so might have had a hardware failure of some type. But did you hold the reset button long enough when you tried the factory reset? It needs a minimum of 30 seconds, regardless of what you see on the screen. A factory reset might clear out a software glitch, and since you can't see to do anything else with it, you may as well try it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Well, it's five years old, so might have had a hardware failure of some type. But did you hold the reset button long enough when you tried the factory reset? It needs a minimum of 30 seconds, regardless of what you see on the screen. A factory reset might clear out a software glitch, and since you can't see to do anything else with it, you may as well try it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jaybee40
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had that happen to me before. I rebooted everything. I started with the internet/wifi then t.v./roku. I had to do this a couple of times but got it to work. I also went into roku and made sure that it was up to date.

I hope this helps. 

0 Kudos