Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

want to use roku device on samsung tv to use philo

Jump to solution

I have a new Samsung tv with smart hub. I hooked up a roku device on the tv and can see the home page but neither the roku remote or samsung remote will work with the home page. I loaded the roku app to my tv but it does not have a philo link. Anybody have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: want to use roku device on samsung tv to use philo

Jump to solution

You have to tune to the hdmi the roku is plugged to using the Samsung remote. The roku Premiere comes with IR remote, so it can't be buried behind the tv, it needs line of sight from the remote to roku to control it.

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Success! Thank you tivoburkee

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

What's the actual name and model number of the roku? Its attached to a hdmi input on the Samsung tv, and you have selected that input via Samsung remote?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku Premier

model 3920x

Just picked hdmi input at random

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

You have to tune to the hdmi the roku is plugged to using the Samsung remote. The roku Premiere comes with IR remote, so it can't be buried behind the tv, it needs line of sight from the remote to roku to control it.

Edmund

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

First, thanks for responding. Using the Samsung remote I can bring up the Roku home page but neither remote will work on it. The Roku device has line of sight and I know it works because I moved it to another Samsung(non-smart) tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Giving this a little more thought it is possible that I didn’t have line of sight when I first tried it as I didn’t attach it. Will try again to eliminate this possibility.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Success! Thank you tivoburkee