Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostMyWay

unable to set up device because i need another part

I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR THE ROKU HDMI EXTENDER CABLE THAT I NEED TO SETUP THE DEVICE S/N SO8Y422VXLSJ

Error
We're sorry. We are unable to process your order at the moment. Please try again.

PLEASE ADVISE

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to set up device because i need another part

@LostMyWay 

Your caps lock seems to keep sticking. Compressed air will sometimes help clean out keyboard from dust and other particles that cause this behavior.

As for your question, sometimes memory leaks in a browser and/or bad stored data (cookies) can cause Websites to misbehave.

Log out of Roku on your browser, then clear all cookies containing "roku"

Next, close your browser, then shut down your computer. Do not reboot, actually do a full shutdown.

After a minute, start your computer. Then log on to https://my.roku.com and get the serial number listed at the bottom of the page for that device.

Then, go back to the page where you order the part and enter the information.

Note also that the part is simply a short HDMI extender, about four inches. It's nothing special, and you may already have one, depending on what other electronics you have.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

LostMyWay

My Caps are not sticking and I have no issue with memory leaks.  I don't know where those ideas came from?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@LostMyWay wrote:

My Caps are not sticking ... I don't know where those ideas came from?

The all caps typing. That was intentional? That's bad form, a breach of Internet etiquette. It is considered rude.

@LostMyWay wrote:

... I have no issue with memory leaks ...

Most browsers, heck most computer applications of any type, experience memory leaks over time. It is not uncommon. And, in a browser, memory leaks can cause Web pages to misbehave.

If you turn your computer off every day and clear cookies on a regular basis, then it's likely you are not experiencing memory leaks. But most users do experience them.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @LostMyWay,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Regards, 
Nimfa