Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patjfm1

two sticks in the same house

Have had ROKU for years.  Just bought a new TV and installed in upstairs bedroom with the new ROKU stick.  Now, only the new TV streams.  Can't access anything on the older one on the first floor of the house?  Is this a ROKU problem or a Wifi problem?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: two sticks in the same house

Not a Roku problem. I have 6 or 7 devices in my home, and there's no problem using any of them at the same time.

However, some providers limit the number of concurrent streams a user account may have, so it really depends on what you're trying to watch. Something like YouTube should be available on anything, all at the same time. Netflix limits you depending on what level of account you have. I can't know any specific numbers for other providers, but most have some sort of limit. 

But if you're trying to stream something without a known limitation, or if you're trying to stream from different providers and you're still encountering issues, then yes you might be having networking issues. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos