Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onyx2
Level 7

tv loses signal after unplugging roku

Hello

I have a Samsung smart tv with Telus optik box. I just installed my Roku express player today. It worked just fine. After I unplugged it so I could connect to regular cable channels again , I kept getting a no signal message and despite several tries couldn't switch between HDMI ports either.

I would really love some help with this asap. My senior mother loves her soap operas and so forth and as of now I haven't been able to restore the conne tion to the wireless optic box. I have tried unplugging it and even resetting the modem. Nothing helped.

I would really love some help with this asap so can get the tv running again.  Also need tips on how to prevent this in future or its gonna be hard to keep using the Roku.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: tv loses signal after unplugging roku

It's not real clear what's happening.  Why did you need to unplug the Roku to switch to cable?  It may be the TV that needs a "reboot".  Try unplugging the power to the TV for 10 seconds or so and then plug it back in.

0 Kudos
onyx2
Level 7

Hi there when I was on Roku I couldn't use the regular tv remote. And my tv lost signal. So I ended up unplugging roku to see if it would help. The tv is working again now. But Roku was unplugged when it started working and receiving signal again.

I am not tech proficient as you can tell. Sorry to be a bother but how do you switch between Roku and cable? Just use the cable remote I stead of Roku ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

If your cable remote is set up to control your TV then there should be a button labeled Input, A/V, or Source.  That would be the button you want to use to switch from Roku to cable.  You can always use the TV remote.  It should have a similar button.

0 Kudos