Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

tv broke can i watch on my computer?

Jump to solution

So my tv broke and i can't get a new one for awhile. i was wondering if there is a way to watch the rook on my MacBook without looking at the settings.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: tv broke can i watch on my computer?

Jump to solution

@MrNobody1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Will will not be able to watch your channels on your computer from your Roku. However, you will be able to stream content from for the Roku Channel.

For more information about the Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MrNobody1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Will will not be able to watch your channels on your computer from your Roku. However, you will be able to stream content from for the Roku Channel.

For more information about the Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  My tv just died.  My laptop that I have been able to watch the roku on now either won't connect, or when it does connect there's nothing there.  I have an hdmi port on this laptop but don't know how to view anything connected to it on the computer since I've never done it before.  I have windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Jawaroo  Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear about your TV! 

Most computer's HDMI ports are for HDMI-out usage, to be able to connect your computer to another display, such as a projector, a larger monitor, or TV, etc. We'd recommend contacting your computer's manufacturer directly for more information about the features and functionality of that device. 

If you're looking for more ways to watch, feel free to check out 'The Roku Channel' online at: https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

We offer both free and premium subscription content that you can watch from supported computers/browsers. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos