Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bistritapcv
Level 7

speakers

I have Blue Tooth speakers but my Roku cannot find them.  Do you have to have specific Roku  (i.e., not just any) Bluetooth speakers to connect to your Roku TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: speakers

I don't believe Roku can connect to Bluetooth speakers. Roku sells a set of wireless speakers that work with Roku TV, but I believe you'll be out of luck with any other wireless speakers.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Only one Roku has ever had Bluetooth support (the ancient 2 XS), and it was only for the remote. It would not connect to speakers via BT. To my knowledge, the Roku TVs are the only product that can connect to wireless speakers, but I believe these speakers are WiFi Direct, same as the remotes. I can't find any documentation that any Roku supports BT audio in any form.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

You could get a Bluetooth transmitter with a 2.5mm input, and hook it up to your TV.. Then, any audio normally output by the TV would go thru any Bluetooth device (in this case, speakers) paired with your transmitter.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos