Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

software update perpetual loop

this is the second time this has done this to me. The first time my friend bought me a roku device, it said it had to update software, then same page all over again each time I have updated said software. I returned it twice, same issue. I then decided I would by a newer one for myself again and thought that this time the problem would be fixed, nope, same issue. again and again and again and again...again the same software update issue. I then took one that my friend had from 2008, the bigger and bulkier one with the av/ports on it, I reset it it connected and configured using the roku site, it connected to netflix, just it wont load the movie menu. the issue obviously isnt the wireless router, since I was able to configure the dinosaur model. it appears to be a software/hardware issue which by now with the amount of issues regarding the same issue should have been handled by your tech squad. and then there is the issue of there not being a contact number to call and speak to someone. how should this issue be resolved. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: software update perpetual loop

If you can, try using your phone as a hotspot and connect to that just to get past the initial update.  Once it's updated, switch back to your WiFi.

0 Kudos