Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmb42
Level 7

slow response

Connected a Roku Ultra to a Sharp 52 inch LC-52D85U, it works, but the response when moving from menu to menu is very very slow. I connected the same unit to two other TV's we have and it works fine.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Gary-94080
Level 11

Re: slow response

maybe something is interfering with the WiFi where that TV is?

0 Kudos
jmb42
Level 7

Unfortunately, nothing that straight forward. The T works fine by  itself. Roku works fine with our other TV's. But the Sharp TV and Roku do not appear to like each other.  Very slow response clicking through the menu's to the point it's unusable.  I submitted a support request to Roku support but no response yet. 

0 Kudos
Gary-94080
Level 11

try a different HDMI port on the Sharp or a different HDMI cable?

0 Kudos
jmb42
Level 7

yep, tried them all.  Same results. 

0 Kudos
Karmagedon
Level 10

Maybe it's input lag, see before with something like game mode setting on TV enabled for HDMI port. If your TV has this setting try turning this on/off to see if it helps.

0 Kudos
jmb42
Level 7

Tried your suggestions. Same issue persists. thanks

0 Kudos
jmb42
Level 7

From Sharp:

"I understand that your SHARP LC52D85U television has a Roku Ultra connected to it that operates slow, I do apologize for any inconvenience caused and I am more than happy to assist you in this matter. The issue you are experiencing would be more of a compatibility issue and not firmware related. There are some devices that require HDMI ports that support HDCP 2.2 which this model does not have. The recommendation would be to contact Roku and inquire on what this device requires to operate efficiently."

Does anyone know if Roku Ultra requires HDMI ports that support HDCP 2.2. If so, is there some type of conversion adapter available?

thanks

0 Kudos