Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bormes
Level 7

should I unlink my old roku device from my account before linking my new roku device to my account?

Jump to solution

First time replacing my Roku streaming device on my tv. Should I unlink my old Roku device from my account before linking my new Roku device to my account or link my new Roku and then unlink my old Roku device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: should I unlink my old roku device from my account before linking my new roku device to my accou

Jump to solution

If you're planning on using your old Roku on another TV there's no need to unlink it at all.  If you're planning on selling, gifting, or otherwise disposing of it then you'll want to unlink it and perform a factory reset.  I don't think it matters if you link the new before or after you unlink the old one, but if the old one is the only Roku on your account you may want to link the new one before unlinking the old one so that you don't end up with an account with no linked devices.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: should I unlink my old roku device from my account before linking my new roku device to my accou

Jump to solution

If you're planning on using your old Roku on another TV there's no need to unlink it at all.  If you're planning on selling, gifting, or otherwise disposing of it then you'll want to unlink it and perform a factory reset.  I don't think it matters if you link the new before or after you unlink the old one, but if the old one is the only Roku on your account you may want to link the new one before unlinking the old one so that you don't end up with an account with no linked devices.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
bormes
Level 7

Jump to solution

thank you

0 Kudos