Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

setting back up after move

Jump to solution

I have a with in 6 months new roku ultra. I had no issues setting it up and it worked fine in the last apartment. I personal brought it to the new apartment so it would get lost in boxes. I have set it up on the same tv with the same usb cable. I turn on the tv and roku, all the roku will do is stay stuck on the reboot screen with the roku logo drops down one letter at a time, then in 20 seconds the screen goes black for about 10 seconds the does the whole reboot with the roku logo dropping down again. I have unplugged, replugged. I have held down the button for 20 seconds, nothing is working. I have an older roku 3 that does work in the bedrroom. I have an older sonny blue ray player that is reight next to the ultra and that works, the ultra doesn't. the cable/internet modem is with in 2 feet of it, so the connection sound be fine. I have message and emailed roku support with no answer, and of course no one in a office to call, can someone help please, this is our way of watching tv?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: setting back up after move

Jump to solution

Are you using the wall plug (power cord) that came with the Ultra, not swapped with the Roku 3? It's possible there are differences in power demands between the two boxes and the 3 power cube might not provide enough current for an Ultra.

Do you have an SD card installed? If so remove it and try again.

Holding the reset button for 20 seconds does not trigger the factory reset. It has to be a minimum of 30 seconds. But don't do that until you've checked the two items above. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Are you using the wall plug (power cord) that came with the Ultra, not swapped with the Roku 3? It's possible there are differences in power demands between the two boxes and the 3 power cube might not provide enough current for an Ultra.

Do you have an SD card installed? If so remove it and try again.

Holding the reset button for 20 seconds does not trigger the factory reset. It has to be a minimum of 30 seconds. But don't do that until you've checked the two items above. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the correct power plug and no sd card. was able to get to the activation screen after finding the correct reset button on the bottom. was in a state of constat activation, did a modem reset and roku restet, as found in another post. now it is back in the reboot roku thing again. Is there a number I can call instead, this chatt back and forth waiting is bs and is taking longer than a phone call would!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@scoobylowe 

Thanks for the update.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

sent pm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

figured it out no need anymore thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

atc98092

you were right. I didn't have my roku power cables mixed up, I had plug a different power cable from my radio shack antenna amplifier into the ultra roku. Found my roku power plug, plugged it in and it is working again.

Thank you for your knowledge and help!