Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku stopped working no signal

roku has worked for 7 months. it became unplugged for a day or so. plugged it back in and everything came on with unit. checked plugs etc.. says no signal. tried reset,new batteries in remote. everything you can possibly do and it still just says no signal. getting support on there site is a joke.cant email them or call. tired of paying good money for products and they just stop working after 5, 6 months. [post edited] please tell me any thoughts on what i any be doing wrong. even my acct has no info on my express unit. 

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku stopped working

@sb7860 

Thanks for the inquiry.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall with the provided cable and adapter? Have you also tried using another HDMI port on the TV or checking if the device works on another TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It's plugged into a wall socket. Tried it both ways. It's on but says no signal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@sb7860 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

SENT YOU 3 PMS ALREADY. 2 THIS MORNING WITH WHAT YOU ASKED FOR AND A NOTE SAYING ABOUT THE SERIAL NUMBER THAT ISNT LISTED ANYWHERE IN MY ACCT. IT WAS BUT NOW IT SEEMS ALL MY INFO IS GONE. I CANT GET A PHONE RESPONSE OR EMAIL. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Express+ no longer shows up on my Toshiba tv..

Our ROKU Express+ was working fine but now all we get nothing but snow when we turn on our Toshiba tv. We've checked all the connections, tried to reset, nothing worked. there is only 1 port for the HMDI cable to go into

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU Express+ no longer shows up on my Toshiba tv..

@DB3 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your device? Have you also tired connecting your device to another TV to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roku stopped working no signal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Please help!  I’m getting a “no signal” on my TV.  Internet is working as verified by the internet company.  

[personal information removed]

thx!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Marisela58 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please send me a PM with the following information along with a summary of your issue: 

-Roku Model
-serial number on the Roku device
-TV brand and model
-are you using an AVR? If so, what brand and model
-when did this issue start to occur

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos