Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku home screens different

Hello,

I have 3 Roku devices in our house (2 are Roku TV's & 1 is an Express).

Is there a way to have the home screens different and not sync?  Ran into this the other day as I was setting up the Express more geared towards what I would want my kids to watch.  The way I setup the device changed everything on one of the other TV's.

TIA

Jerry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: roku home screens different

If by sync you mean having the same channels on all of the players, there's no way to add/remove channels from one device without doing the same on all devices attached to the same account. The only way for them to be truly independent is to have different Roku accounts on each one. This requires a different email address for each account. You can still log into a channel (such as Disney+ or YouTube) with the same credentials on different devices. 

If you mean you want the channels to all appear in the same place on the home page for each device, there's no way to accomplish that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: roku home screens different

I had the same question and appreciate the knowledge. What an absolutely **bleep**ing stupid policy from Roku.

0 Kudos