Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku express - latest version

Jump to solution

what is the latest version of roku express?

im buying the device in ebay and i would like to know its the latest version.

fot instance, someone is selling 6th Generation. is this the latest version? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: roku express - latest version

Jump to solution

@ilanb100 Thanks for the question. The letters at the end of a model number denote either the retailer or region that a device was sold through/in. They do not differentiate the device features. 

To comment on your previous questions, the Roku Express 3930 is our latest Roku Express model with the most up to date hardware in that product line. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

I believe the latest is the 8th generation. Model number 3930 is the latest. That said, the 6th gen 3900 is basically the same.

Letters after the number just tell how it was sold, and variations of the remote it comes with. X=common sales, R=Retail, W=Walmart (remote has Vudu button.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

well, i can purchase this one for instance:

what is the MPN stands for?

will any roku express will fit pal

Product Identifiers
BrandRoku
MPN3900EU
UPC0829610002194
ModelRoku Express 3900

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

That is the 6th gen, which is basically the same as the current one. I do wonder about the EU, as that may mean it's for the Europe market. Not sure if that would affect anything.

Be aware that a new Express is only around US$30, so that eBay deal had better be real good, especially with any shipping costs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

well, they all offer it for about $45-50 but shipment from England to Israel is very cheap, as the ones sold in the USA the shipment cost is almost the same as product cost. 

but how can i tell weather the EU makes any difference? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@ilanb100 Thanks for the question. The letters at the end of a model number denote either the retailer or region that a device was sold through/in. They do not differentiate the device features. 

To comment on your previous questions, the Roku Express 3930 is our latest Roku Express model with the most up to date hardware in that product line. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

but how about the TV broadcast method - can the same roku express play in any of them?
for example - if i buy one in the USA where they use NTSC TV broadcast method, will it play om PAL? 

0 Kudos