Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku express keeps asking me to reboot

I can't get past the internet and wi-fi green check marks without roku locking up. I purchased this as a second device in a bedroom. I've unplugged the system 20 times, hard reset the system 10 times, i'm using the usb supplied by roku, I've returned my 1st purchase to Walmart thinking I got a defective product.  After I install roku, it detects the internet and wi-fi signals, loads new software, then returns back to the search for internet screen. It never gets to a link code or email address request. I have another roku that works fine, I'm 20' from my router, I don't have a signal problem, I've checked my roku account for messages, my e-mail account for messages.  If I read another response that says to reboot the system, I'm just going to get out the sledge hammer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku express keeps asking me to reboot

@daninkc 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can setup, update, and activate your device. Then once your device is setup, you can switch back to your home wireless network.

Keep us posted with what you find out. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos