Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Linking" continuously during Activation.

I recently got a 2nd Hand Roku Premiere online. Upon plugging it on to my TV, it immediately did the initial setup, which I thought was working well until I got to connect my device to our wifi. I could never get past the 'Linking' Screen. I tried resetting it again by pressing the home button 5 times, followed by an up button, and pressing the rewind twice and forward twice, but to no avail. Tried connecting to a different wifi network, even mobile data, but still couldn't get past it. I did try hard reset by poking the reset button off the back of my device, but still the same thing. Left in on 'Linking' for a couple of hours, but still to no avail. Can someone help me out? I don't want to think that I spent my money on something that I couldn't use. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "Linking" continuously during Activation.

Try "poking" the reset button in, but this time hold it in for no less than 30 seconds with the power connected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos