Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themarielle
Level 7

once it turns on i see the Roku screen but after that it just goes blank.

my Roku express wont show anything after the opening Roku screen. so, should I return it to the store or can someone help me.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: once it turns on i see the Roku screen but after that it just goes blank.

@themarielle 

Thanks for the post.

1) is there a light on the Roku device? how are you powering the Roku device? is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? 

2) have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable used to connect the device?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
daveydinner
Level 7

i just got the same problem. 

None of those fixes work. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@daveydinner 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide answers to the questions I stated in my previous post?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
WebeRicks14
Level 7

Roku initiates start up screen makes 4 roku beeps then goes blank.

Could anyone please tell me what's the problem with my roku device? What it's doing is when turning on the tv the roku player will start to initiate but after 4 roku beep sounds it goes completely black and doesn't start. I've tried everything I could think of and read about to fix it but nothing seems to work. Not even resetting it. Please if anyone has any advise it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance!

What I've tried:
I've tried different hdmi cables and power cords. 
Power cord is plugged into outlet not my tv.
I've tried differnt tv's.
I've reset it.
I've watched video's and read a lot of information but none of them seem to answer the question to my issue.

My setup and device model:
My tv's are 1) RCA (not a smart tv) hooked up hdmi cable and power cord into outlet.  2) Phillips smart 4k tv hooked up the same way with hdmi cable and power cord into outlet. 3) Hinsense (not smart tv) hooked up the same as the previous two listed above.
My Roku device is the Roku Express model #3930 Serial# X00400SFRUDP MAC address: 10:59:32:45:a1:86 unique identifier: uuid:28000100-0000-1000-8000-10593245a186 IP address: 192.168.10.122
The Phillips 4k smart tv is hooked up to my wifi through a wifi extender and I made sure that the device and the tv were connected to the same wifi connection. 
The Hinsense tv has been hooked up both ways with the wifi connection from the router and also through the wifi extender. The same with the RCA tv, both ways.
The power cord if plugged into any of the tv's indicates that it doesn't get enough power so therefore I keep it plugged into the outlet.  Most of the time it is in a surge protected outlet by means of a surge protector cord.
I believe I've given all the information I could to help make an explanation easier.  Please if anyone could assist me on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again in advance for any assistance in this matter. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku initiates start up screen makes 4 roku beeps then goes blank.

@WebeRicks14 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
WebeRicks14
Level 7

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
WebeRicks14
Level 7

How long does it take for the support team to get back to me about my issue? Thanks in advanced for your assistance.

Thanks,

WebeRicks14

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@WebeRicks14 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that there may be a delay from our Support team during this period. Your patience is much appreciated as we have already passed along your concerns.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos