Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

'no signal' at set up, no activation page

So I recently bought a Roku Premiere and express. I have followed all of the start up directions (several times), I have followed all of the trouble shooting suggestions (several times), reset button, etc. Properly powered, proper cord (HDMI), proper input, proper placement, good wi-fi signal etc. AND YET: I proceed through the start up process, light comes on, screen says "no signal" so no start up page to link my device. BOTH units do the same thing. Now what? And please don't tell me to unplug and plug back in the cord.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 'no signal' at set up, no activation page

@Bourges1 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Order # 10230621 Player 3910RW (2018)'no signal' at set up, no activation page

Roku Express+ Simple Setup with included HDMI & Composite Cables:

The roku will not upload into my Philips LED TV Model # 20PF5120/28

I am unable to activate because it will not load I connected with composite cables.

Do I need another device to add on to assist with connection.

The Roku and AV cables work because I connected it to a different tv and it loaded up just fine. 

Maybe I need a digital converter box?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: 'no signal' at set up, no activation page

The same has happened to me with two Roku devices. No reply as of yet. This may not work. Then plan B. A firestick, or something else. J

0 Kudos