Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

loud updates about volume and timers

Jump to solution

At first this didn't happen but now I get updates on volume and other things. Also says "timers"  all of the sudden. The Roku remote does not control the volume either.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: loud updates about volume and timers

Jump to solution

Somehow when Roku updated it totally screwed up my Sony TV. I  had to do a factory reset of my TV to fix then reload Roku. The reset was very difficult to say the least. If I have one more difficulty with this Roku piece of junk I will smash it with a hammer and go buy a Firestick. Firestick was originally recommended to me but I didn't listen. Shame on me. I spent days trying to fix this problem. Roku is nothing but junk.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Is it telling you anything else about what you're doing with the Roku? If so. see if the voice guide was accidentally turned on. You can press * four times rapidly to toggle the voice guide on/off, and it can be disabled completely in the settings menu. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My settings doesn't have a voice guide on/off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Darrel wrote:

My settings doesn't have a voice guide on/off

Look under Settings/Accessibility/Audio Guide. I got the name wrong, it's audio, not voice. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Somehow when Roku updated it totally screwed up my Sony TV. I  had to do a factory reset of my TV to fix then reload Roku. The reset was very difficult to say the least. If I have one more difficulty with this Roku piece of junk I will smash it with a hammer and go buy a Firestick. Firestick was originally recommended to me but I didn't listen. Shame on me. I spent days trying to fix this problem. Roku is nothing but junk.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Darrel wrote:

Now how on earth could an external HDMI device mess up your TV? Or are you referring to The Roku Channel app within the TV itself? Still unlikely, but at least I can see a slight potential. But I can't see how that has nothing to do with your original question. 

Dan
0 Kudos