Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zendira
Level 7

live tv on roku premiere plus?

Is it possible to watch live TV on a Roku premiere plus without paying for an underlying TV service provider plan?  I was a subaccount user on my children's father's Verizon Fios account, but he passed away this summer, and his account was recently disconnected, so I'm unable to watch live TV.  When I contacted Verizon to open my own account, they told me I didn't need it with a Roku.   On the Roku website, it has instructions for opting into live TV service but that isn't an option in my menu.  On the tutorial ("tips and tricks") that I can watch on my menu, it also offers a suggestion - scrolling over to antenna TV (and I am connected to an antenna) - but that also isn't an option in my menu.  Do I need to purchase a TV service plan to watch live TV?  I just need clarification on this, and it's nowhere to be found on the Roku website, and I can't find a number to call Roku because they tell me I'm not allowed to get agent support.  !!!!?!?!?!!   Thanks!

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Reply
boogernose
Level 9

Re: live tv on roku premiere plus?

Check out Locast https://www.locast.org/ if youre lucky your in one of their areas.

They are a non-profit and only ask for an optional and minimal donation.

Otherwise a good Digital Antenna can work fine.

And then of course the paid/Premium Channels.

0 Kudos