Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chevelle

linking Roku account to new smart tv

Jump to solution

My new smart tv came with ROKU installed no device needed but how do I link it to my Roku account 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: linking Roku account to new smart tv

Jump to solution

Is this a brand new Roku tv, or just new to you? If it was brand new there should have been link code screen, to get that screen you need to do factory reset: settings> system> Advanced system stings> factory reset

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Is this a brand new Roku tv, or just new to you? If it was brand new there should have been link code screen, to get that screen you need to do factory reset: settings> system> Advanced system stings> factory reset

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@chevelle 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what you are trying to link? Are you trying to link a Roku TV to your Roku account, or simply trying to activate the Roku app that is included in your smart tv?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
INeedsHelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Roku is on my smart tv. I don't have a remote or a box for roku. Trying to add channels and it will not do anything. I logged out of my account and tried to log back in and now I am stuck as no code was sent. Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@INeedsHelp wrote:

I am having the same issue. Roku is on my smart tv. I don't have a remote or a box for roku. Trying to add channels and it will not do anything. I logged out of my account and tried to log back in and now I am stuck as no code was sent. Please help. Thanks

You need a remote. A physical remote. So, we need to find out which Roku you have. 

Is it a Roku device -- box or stick -- attached to a TV? Or is it a Roku TV?

What is the model number? If it's a box or a stick, there should be a model number in little tiny tiny tiny writing on it.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Krismail2012
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Will a factory reset log me out of all my apps(chennels)?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Krismail2012 

It will remove the Roku from your account. You'd need to do a full setup again.

When you do the setup, the device will re-download all of the apps that are tied to your account. If any of the apps use the Roku Single Sign On process, they will automatically log in. This includes any service to which you subscribed through Roku Pay.

There are many other things that might need to be considered. Your question is awfully vague, and doesn't include information such as what you're trying to accomplish. Sure, log out of all apps, but why? Why would you need to do that? That's not something that would normally be done, so that indicates there may be an issue you're trying to resolve. Perhaps there's another way of resolving the issue. But, to answer what you asked, yes, until you add certain apps back (not all, but some) which will auto-login, effectively undoing the log out.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Krismail2012
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am trying to link my roku account to my smart tv. A response to someone else's question was to do a factory reset to get the link code of the TV. I asked my question trying to understand how much information I may lose if I do that.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Krismail2012 

Is it a Roku TV? If not, there's no way to link it, because, well, it's not a Roku. Now, you can add a Roku device to a non-Roku TV. If that's what you're looking to do, say so.

If it is a Roku TV, is it already linked to a different Roku account? If it's already linked to your Roku account, then I'm not sure what you'd gain, so explain what's going on. If it's linked to a different Roku account, I'd suggest getting the current Roku owner to unlink the device from his account. Is this what you're looking to do (change the Roku account on the Roku TV)?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Ruva

Jump to solution

Gosh, what he is saying is simple. Like me, I have a sharp smart TV with Roku built in. I have also an account I create online once and I do not remember why. What happens is that when I go to my account on the computer, I have a message saying there is no device linked to my account. So, now I have a tv with Roku that is not linked to my account. So what we want to do is, link the freaking Tv to the account. I just need a button (Link this device!!!!). But it does not seem to exist.

0 Kudos