Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

link code

I am trying to set up two different tvs with roku streaming stick.  On both tvs I can't get past the link your Roku device page.  It gives me a code and I enter it and the page just comes back up again with same info. telling me to enter link code again.  I have other Roku units in the house that are working fine. Help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: link code

It's possible you are reaching a phony web site that claims to be Roku (but isn't). Make sure you are going to https://my.roku.com/link to enter the code. 

The scammers are getting a lot of people to pay money to link their new Roku devices because their phony site naturally won't work. If you get a phone number on the web page to call, DO NOT CALL IT. They are absolutely scammers, because Roku does not have telephone support. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: link code

@vlewis102761 

Thanks for the post.

In addition to what @atc98092 mentioned, have you tried using another browser as well as using another device to see if you can activate your Roku devices?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos