Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inputting email address on 2nd Roku device on same account

Jump to solution

i have purchased a 2nd Roku express for bedroom tv, when i get to the "activate Roku account" page i cannot enter my e-mail address, none of the remote buttons move the cursor to the window where i enter my e-mail , any advice would be appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: inputting email address on 2nd Roku device on same account

Jump to solution

You said it's a Roku Express. That devices comes with an IR remote. That requires a clear line of sight between the end of the remote and the front of the Roku device. Keep in mind it doesn't matter so much if you can clearly see the front of the device, but the top end of the remote must have clear line of sight.

Since it's an IR remote, there's no pairing involved. It's totally dependent on line of sight. Bring the Roku device as far front to ensure nothing is blocking the line of sight. Additionally, ensure the end of the remote is clean and free of dust, dirt, etc.

If all that checks out and the issue remains, it could be a bad remote. If you bought it locally, I'd take it back for refund or replacement. If you find the Roku Express 4K+ locally, particularly if it's on sale, it's a much superior device to the Express. Better remote, better device, better everything.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@justcarping 

So, the new remote works with the old Express? Does the old remote work with the new Express?

If not, do a factory reset of the new Express and try again from scratch. With power applied, press and hold the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes

Jump to solution

You said it's a Roku Express. That devices comes with an IR remote. That requires a clear line of sight between the end of the remote and the front of the Roku device. Keep in mind it doesn't matter so much if you can clearly see the front of the device, but the top end of the remote must have clear line of sight.

Since it's an IR remote, there's no pairing involved. It's totally dependent on line of sight. Bring the Roku device as far front to ensure nothing is blocking the line of sight. Additionally, ensure the end of the remote is clean and free of dust, dirt, etc.

If all that checks out and the issue remains, it could be a bad remote. If you bought it locally, I'd take it back for refund or replacement. If you find the Roku Express 4K+ locally, particularly if it's on sale, it's a much superior device to the Express. Better remote, better device, better everything.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

hi thanks for the advice, i have a clear line of sight for the remote and when i press the directional buttons on the the remote it makes a sound but still i can't actually get into the box/window where i input e-mail address, i have a Roku express in the living room and the new remote works that express, so not the remote at fault,

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@justcarping 

So, the new remote works with the old Express? Does the old remote work with the new Express?

If not, do a factory reset of the new Express and try again from scratch. With power applied, press and hold the Reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

all sorted thanks , i turned the power off and on and when the device re-started i was able to enter email address , thanks

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

IT-Crowd.jpg

DBDukes

0 Kudos
KarenMS

Jump to solution

The roku device I just installed in the guest room would not allow me to use the same email account as the other two that I have.  I entered a different one but now I'm going to get two bills.  Any suggestions on how the heck to contact Roku?   There is no contact info that I can find on their web site.   I certainly don't want to pay for another subscription.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KarenMS,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

For these inquiries, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team. Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos