Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fingerpick
Level 7

i have satellite service and want to keep it and still use roku ,

Jump to solution

it should be a simple matter of switching imputs ( use the TV remote to select from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2   but every time i  do the new picture comes  on for about 1-2 sec's before automatically switching  back to HDMI 1 ........i'm about   ready to send it back  to Amazon !!!!  

i have Orby service now 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fingerpick
Level 7

Re: i have satellite service and want to keep it and still use roku ,

Jump to solution

i just figured out what the problem was :  being new to Roku ( as in yesterday ) i had the Roku  cable plugged into  the WRONG HDMI port , once i plugged the Roku into the HDMI ( ARC slot ) on my TV and my cable HDMI in the standard HDMI slot  it SOLVED my problem  , i can now switch from my starlight dish and Roku easily . thanks for the help !! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@fingerpick 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to your current CEC settings.

For more information, we would recommend checking out our Support page here: Why does my TV switch to a different device when trying to use my Roku® streaming player?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fingerpick
Level 7

Jump to solution

i just figured out what the problem was :  being new to Roku ( as in yesterday ) i had the Roku  cable plugged into  the WRONG HDMI port , once i plugged the Roku into the HDMI ( ARC slot ) on my TV and my cable HDMI in the standard HDMI slot  it SOLVED my problem  , i can now switch from my starlight dish and Roku easily . thanks for the help !! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos