Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

how to stream music from PC to AVR without TV

I only want to use my Roku steaming stick + to stream music files from PC to my stereo receiver over my local wireless network. My TV is far from my AVR so I can't use cables betweent the two. Presently my android phone Roku app sees all my audio file stored on my phone and playes them but I want Roku to play from my PC. It would seem logical that I would need a screen to set up such an arrangement but that If I tried to do it with the Roku plugged into the TV the resulting set up would need the TV to work (yes?). The android Roku app doesn't appear to be useful as clicking on the app's Roku Media Player just turns the app into a remote device.

Obvioulsy I am confused so any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: how to stream music from PC to AVR without TV

@felterf wrote:

I only want to use my Roku steaming stick + to stream music files from PC to my stereo receiver over my local wireless network. My TV is far from my AVR so I can't use cables betweent the two. Presently my android phone Roku app sees all my audio file stored on my phone and playes them but I want Roku to play from my PC. It would seem logical that I would need a screen to set up such an arrangement but that If I tried to do it with the Roku plugged into the TV the resulting set up would need the TV to work (yes?). The android Roku app doesn't appear to be useful as clicking on the app's Roku Media Player just turns the app into a remote device.

Obvioulsy I am confused so any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only way for that to happen is if your Roku device is Bluetooth compatible And your computer is a discoverable device to the Bluetooth source. That would include a wireless speaker. 

0 Kudos