Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSSparks
Reel Rookie

how to hook up a nintendo switch and a roku express to a tv with one HDMI input

Jump to solution

I am trying to hook up my nintendo switch and my poku express to a tv with only one HDMI port. Nintendo tells me this is impossible, is it? Does anyone have any idea how to do it? Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: how to hook up a nintendo switch and a roku express to a tv with one HDMI input

Jump to solution

You just need to add an HDMI switch.  You can kind them on Amazon, ebay etc.

Related topics that you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: how to hook up a nintendo switch and a roku express to a tv with one HDMI input

Jump to solution

@CSSparks wrote:

I thought so but nintendo says switch wont work unless hooked directly to tv...

Perhaps they are cautioning you about placing another active device such as an A/V receiver between the Nintendo Switch and the tv?

Hook up diagramHook up diagram

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You just need to add an HDMI switch.  You can kind them on Amazon, ebay etc.