Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

how do i get the code at the begining of set up again?

Jump to solution

I somehow skipped the roku set up and went straight to amazon setup.  I need to know how to get the code that shows up at the beginning of the roku setup to activate my account.  Also is there an actual customer service or is it just pick a question and on the website 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: how do i get the code at the begining of set up again?

Jump to solution

It is mostly customer to customer, there are two roku employees but they can't help everyone, that's where we as customer pick up the slack.

If you are in the roku menu go to settings> system> advanced system setting> reset to factory

You'll had to wipe it clean and start again to get roku link code. If you don't have access to roku menu, depending on the model of roku theres reset key on sticks, pinhole on express and premiere, with roku powered up, press and hold reset on a stick, use something to enter the pinhole to reset a express or premiere. Enter language, wifi network, and then there should be link code.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted

Activation code

Jump to solution

I am setting up my roku tv for the first time and it will not give me an activation code to complete my set up. There is a loading symbol where the code should be. 

When I press * it gives me the option to ‘get a new code’ but then says there is an error. I have tried restarting and resetting and it takes me right back to this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

It is mostly customer to customer, there are two roku employees but they can't help everyone, that's where we as customer pick up the slack.

If you are in the roku menu go to settings> system> advanced system setting> reset to factory

You'll had to wipe it clean and start again to get roku link code. If you don't have access to roku menu, depending on the model of roku theres reset key on sticks, pinhole on express and premiere, with roku powered up, press and hold reset on a stick, use something to enter the pinhole to reset a express or premiere. Enter language, wifi network, and then there should be link code.

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks very much.  Worked great.

Highlighted
Level 7

How do I get a link code if I didn't get it?

Jump to solution

What do I do when I don't get a link code to sync my roku express with my roku account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: roku express

Jump to solution

With roku powered up, stick a pen or pin in the pinhole at the back of the express, when reboots, pick language, enter wifi network, you should get link code displayed on screen. Don't enter code into you search engine, but instead go to address bar in browser.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

my code expired haw do I get a new one?

Jump to solution

I need a need code

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Activation code

Jump to solution

I’m having the exact same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: my code expired haw do I get a new one?

Jump to solution

@BabyJesus160 @dmeyer52 @Khodnett 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.

For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: my code expired haw do I get a new one?

Jump to solution

Really, have to factory reset and re-enter all info to get a code, because the previous code /expires/? and the roku is no longer linked to my account? What?

0 Kudos