Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasper1955
Channel Surfer

Re: how do I connect roku to an old tv

Thank you. I have seen that they can be very picky also. It sounds like my best bet will be to find a HDMI to RF "F" converter. I appreciate your help, Thanks. Rod

0 Kudos
Dyllan

I have a syvanna tv it’s not working my roku is not coming on my tv at all

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dyllan,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jasper1955
Channel Surfer

I have a 1987 Sylvania console floor tv with an antenna input "F" only. I took my roku and hooked it to an hdmi to rca, then hooked that to my vcr to go into the tv as an antenna.. I get no signal from my roku. I'm waiting for a hdmi to an antenna "F" to try that. The roku does have a signal going from hdmi to rca to another tv that has an rca input on it. Thanks, Rod

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A very warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @jasper1955!

We appreciate you for raising your concern here with us. We'd be more than happy to assist you with this.

While it may be possible that your Roku streaming player may work on your 1987 Sylvania Console Floor TV, the experience of streaming might be compromised as the resolution and the display size of the apps on the Roku streaming platform aren't built for this. 

You can always go ahead and try to experience streaming on your TV and let us know how it goes. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
jasper1955
Channel Surfer

I found a HDMI to RF "F" moduilator that once hooked up was a little scrambled until I found the right mode on the device & it works great! I had an RCA to RF laying around and I tried putting that in after the HDMI to RCA I have and I got a great picture but the sound was all static. When scanning through the channels, I found some clear channels with static sound and a few faded channels that you could vaguely hear some sound coming through. I'm assuming that means that the small mini's are not hitting the right frequency for the sound to come through right. But the modulator works and it's apretty good picture for an old 1987 Sylvania. Thanks, Rod