Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

getting started roku express connection problem

roku express + plugged in to TV, powered up, TV shows roku logo then goes to no signal

the HDMI cable and connection to tv works with other devices.  The device works with a different tv but not with the one in this room.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: getting started roku express connection problem

@cumminsv 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you tried plugging your device into another HDMI port on your TV to see if you still see the issue? If the device works on another TV, then it appears to be a TV connection issue. What type of TV are you plugging the Roku Express into?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

tv is element but have had the same problem with another tv.  single hdmi connection in tv but it works with a dvd player

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem.  Express works on other TVs but not the one I need it to work on.  The old unit was replaced because pop-ups said I would get better performance and more apps.  I have 4 other roku products running including another express, which I tried on this set as well and had the same problem.  The TV set I am using is older, but has 720p capability and one HDMI.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Additional info:  old roku reports display 720P  HDCP 1.4

Nothing displays after roku logo on powerup

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

So you had it setup and working on another TV?  If so, take it to that TV and make sure the display type is set to 720p and not "Auto detect".  Settings->Display type.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

First thing I tried.  I thought maybe auto detect was not working.  After that I brought another whole express setup from a working tv to the problem tv and tried it.  Same result.  After that I tried a Streaming Stick + setup.  Same result.  I switched back to limping along on my older HD for now.

0 Kudos