Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

does roku work in israel

hey, my uncle wants to buy a streamer to watch Netflix, I know that mi box and apple tv work in here but I'm not sure about Roku, does anybody know 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: does roku work in israel

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry!

You can activate any Roku Player or TV to any Roku account, however, channel availability/access will vary from region to region. Channels such as YouTube and Netflix tend to work just about anywhere, but other may have geo-restrictions at the discretion of the channel provider. 

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel on the Roku platform in your location. 

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: does roku work in israel

Hi Danny

you forgot to mention that the “free Roku app” is not available in Israel, at least on IOS devices. This fact is acknowledged by Roku support. The app provides very important functionality to the streamer like remote control, voice commands and more. 

0 Kudos