Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Waffluffe
Level 7

crunchyroll wont open on my roku tv

each time i try to open crunchyroll, it closes and takes me back to the previous screen

this is the only app its happening to as far as im aware, and its been happening since i first downloaded the app today

ive tried

- removing it

- updating the tv

- clearing cache

- unplugging it

- restarting the tv

none of these worked. please let me know if you know how to fix it, thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: crunchyroll wont open on my roku tv

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel installation has gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the remote and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Waffluffe
Level 7

hey, this didnt work, but thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Waffluffe,

Thanks for the post.

If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. We'll also send this to our team.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos