Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikehopper1
Level 7

burning smell and smoking. New device

Brand new device out of the box started smoking and burning smell from unit. will not power on. Please help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: burning smell and smoking. New device

@mikehopper1 We're sorry to hear about the experience! Were you using the included power adapter to power the device?

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number printed on the outside of the device. I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further and help get a replacement under warranty. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Rondongwa
Level 7

I'm experiencing same burning smell but not smoking .. how long did you have it on?
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rondongwa 

We're sorry to hear about the experience! Were you using the included power adapter to power the device?

Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number printed on the outside of the device. I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further and help get a replacement under warranty.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos