Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meganlee
Reel Rookie

brand new broken roku, serial number doesnt exist

I just tried to set up my brand new Roku Express 4k, and the device hmdi port is broken. I tried the new hdmi cord and another hdmi cord that was working on another device. Neither will allow my tv to connect to the roku. But when I wiggle the hdmi at the roku port, a poor picture of the roku set up screen displays for a few moments. I tried to get on rokus site to replace the device, but it says my serial number does not exist. I cannot find an actual phone number anywhere, so I cannot figure out how to get this replaced! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: brand new broken roku, serial number doesnt exist

So you opened it up and the port was broken? If you just bought then return it from where you bought it from. Exactly where did you purchase this defective Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@meganlee

Thanks for the post.I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
meganlee
Reel Rookie

SN: S07R21AY1X26

SKU: 3940RW

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@meganlee

Thanks or the follow up and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos