Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrimeThisJeffy
Binge Watcher

**bleep** everything about Roku forever

If you're thinking about buying anything from Roku... Don't. After 8 agonizing hours of troubleshooting and reading and researching I've come to the conclusion that I will never buy anything from Roku as long as I live. Nobody has helped me resolve any issue and the "works with any tv with an HDMI port" on the box is a boldfaced lie. This forum is a slap in your customers faces. I demand to be reimbursed for my wasted time on this garbage product and the suffering I had to endure via this "support community" which is nothing but a bunch of customers complaining about their issues not being resolved. At this point the only thing Roku could possibly do to convert me to a Roku customer would be buy me a TV and Roku streambar that works all the time and change that false advertising on the box that claims "works with any tv with an HDMI port" only then would I even consider the possibility of wasting another second on this unresponsive, useless and frustrating service or device ever again. Sincerely the most dissatisfied customer who ever lived. 😡😡🤬🤬😤

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: **bleep** everything about Roku forever

@PrimeThisJeffy 

Huh. All my Roku devices work great. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
PrimeThisJeffy
Binge Watcher

Then tell me how I can watch something with the HDCP Error code please. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps in the guide and I've looked through this whole forum I even factory reset the Roku and set it up all over again still all I can see is HDCP Error code 020 but what's worse than that is I have to get help through this form instead of calling a number

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

Hmmm...I've had 11 Roku devices, starting with (4) Roku 2 XS 3100 used (from eBay) devices in 2012.  I'm currently using (1) Roku Express 4K+ 3941R (2021), (2) Roku Streaming Stick 3800R (2017), and (2) Roku Streaming Stick 3600R (2016) devices, on 5 different TVs, and I've never, ever, had a problem connecting and getting any of them to work on any of my TVs.

I'm sorry you're having issues. Roku is, in my opinion, the best streaming hardware/system for the majority of people, but obviously there's decent competition, too.  Good luck getting whatever streaming hardware brand/system you try next to work to your satisfaction.

PrimeThisJeffy
Binge Watcher

Thanks that was so helpful and worth the time it took for you to type. 🙄

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

Sounds like some hardware fault, or defective software in TV.

It happens.

Either TV, roku, or HDMI cable linking the two.

The error means the Roku and TV aren't talking to each other correctly, so the anti copying feature which is part of HDMI standard isn't switching off to allow video to be disabled because the TV is recognized as a device which can't record.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos