Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobBell

assistance with device related issues

I have had to return 3 of the Ultra's to Walmart because they failed in less than 30 days. The last one I took back of the is weekend 7/17/22. Walmart is a seller and must comply with 15 USC 2304 et.seq. and refused to warranty. So I contacted Roku. The company was completely non-reponsive to this issue. My wife is disabled and watches TV most of the day so I purchased another Roku (a small one) to get her Tv. When you follow the instructions provided by Roku to return your product the are also NON RESPONSIVE. You are required to obtain a return authorization which I have been waiting for and no response. Given, when it works it works, but the product is defective in soooo many ways. The return of 3 in since March of this year is unconscionable, dis respective and insulting. Had I know these were such junk I would NEVER have purchased the first one. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: assistance with device related issues

I still own the Roku Express+ 3910X (also bought from Walmart), after two years and it has not failed as of yet.  It is possible that you either bought units with internal failures, or the units were once returned by previous buyers.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: assistance with device related issues

@RobBell

Thanks for the post.

If you were experiencing an issue with 3 Roku devices, it's unlikely that there is a product issue. It's possible that there is another issue that is causing the problem. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator