Getting Started - Setup & How-to

Help getting started with Roku devices, including setup, connecting your device to your TV, linking a Roku device to your account at my.roku.com/link, adding channels, subscribing to services, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vickiev
Level 7

antenna icon missing

I am trying to add an hdtv antenna but there is no antenna icon
I checked the help files and it said - . "If  AntennaTV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings >TV inputs > Antenna TV > Set up input."
well there is no TV inputs option in the settings, or any of the sub menus that I could find
this is true with both of the Roku sticks #3800x that I purchased 
please advise

Labels (1)
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: antenna icon missing

You can only use the Antenna input on a Roku TV, not a Roku stick.. the Roku stick has no way to access your TVs inputs.

To clarify, the Roku stick itself IS an input device itself.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
valjora
Level 7

I just got the Roku box, not the stick, and there is no TV antenna in its settings either. The ONLY way to have antenna TV is to have a Ruko smart TV?

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @jeffrok mentioned, the Antenna input is only available on a Roku TV as they are equipped with a tuner that provides access to digital “over-the-air” broadcast television.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
twb
Level 7

I just needed to switch the input on my tv back to antenna.  Look for an “input” button on your television remote.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

@valjora wrote:

I just got the Roku box, not the stick, and there is no TV antenna in its settings either. The ONLY way to have antenna TV is to have a Ruko smart TV?

Antenna inputs are only found on devices with a TV tuner installed. No Roku player has a TV tuner. A Roku TV (like all televisions) has an internal ATSC tuner, so it has an antenna input and Antenna is an available source on the Roku home screen. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos