Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitecapt
Reel Rookie

Can I add Roku to my Apple TV 4K?

Jump to solution

I have a very nice Apple TV set up with icons to pick for HBO Plus, Disney Plus, Netflix, etc. Rather than buy a Roku device as my 'traffic Controller' for all these apps, is there a way I can add Roku to my apps and just tune it in like I do Netflix, Disney Plus, or HBO?

I just want to click on Roku app and use it, Can this be done? If so, how? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I add Roku to my Apple TV 4K?

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. The apple tv is just like the roku, no inputs just an output. They can't communicate with each other, but they can communuicate to third party, your tv. Where each can be hook up to different hdmi input. And live happily ever after. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. The apple tv is just like the roku, no inputs just an output. They can't communicate with each other, but they can communuicate to third party, your tv. Where each can be hook up to different hdmi input. And live happily ever after. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nitecapt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow. I have a the Logitech elite remote and I just don't feel like reprogramming everything for a few shows I can get on regular tv. Of course I can stream from my computer I guess.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Many (most? all?) of the channel apps available on Roku are also available for Apple tv and can be installed to it.  If you want to add The Roku Channel, this is available from the Apple store. 

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos