Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation link not coming to email - OUTAGE 2/15/22

Jump to solution

hello i am having trouble recieving activation link please assist. nothing is working. i have tried 4 different emails

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: activation link NOT COMING TO EMAIL

Jump to solution

Hi everyone!

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We believe that this activation outage that happened yesterday is now resolved. If you have not received an email from Roku during activation, please go through the activation process again on your Roku device to finish your activation.

For more information, you can visit our Community post here: [Service Interruption] Activation interruption impacting Gmail accounts 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
43 REPLIES 43
robofox1

Re: Unable to receive activation code

Jump to solution

I'm sad to say that Roku Support did very little to try and sort this problem out. I thought they might try rolling the firmware back or something, but nothing much of consequence was attempted beyond reboots and switching networks. I even had to press the fact that the unit was still under warranty.

All of this is a really bad first impression, one that leads me to feel that Roku is a company on the way out. 

0 Kudos

Re: Entered Roku email to activate, but do not receive verication. Roku doesn't work.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I have a Roku 4k+ I just received to day.

Setup went smoothly , it's connected to wifi, etc. But once I put in my Email, I'm not receiving the activation link even though it says it was sent!

I've tried resending it three times already! Nothing is showing up in my Gmail inbox or Spam. I even tried the search trick for Roku but there is nothing. I'm not receiving an activation link!

0 Kudos
mmeckler

Jump to solution

Same as many others, not getting the activation email from the new roku express 4k+ i purchased (already tried all the auggestion including reset). Please help!

0 Kudos
Erchamion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The activation email came through on my phone email.  However, if I opened it on my computer (Outlook), it immediately disappeared off of the server completely.  

The second attempt to reset/regain password was done completely through phone access and worked well.  Our system works well. 

As has been pointed out however, the system in place has no back ups and no means of understanding how the company (Roku) is handling any challenges seen by customers who may or may not have the familiarity with computers/online/email systems. 

The lack of clarity means that people that are new or unfamiliar or do not have significant blocks of time or energy will simply move on to a system that is more customer centric. 

It is to be expected that for each of these types of complaints, Roku is losing 5 to 10 potential customers simply because of lost interest/frustration.  Apparently there are sufficient customers out there so that those who are not persistent or techno proficient can be ignored.  

0 Kudos
ShariW4

Re: Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

I have done all that suggested No email activation

0 Kudos
KandisMarie
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express not sending emails out

Jump to solution

my Roku device is not sending the activation email. I have tried all the suggestions. I’ve looked in updates, normal feed, social, spam, etc and I even searched “Roku” in my email search engine and nothing is coming to my email so how do I activate the device?!

Tried 3 email addresses. No email received. Is there ANY Customer support? Like ... At ALl???

Jump to solution

Is it better to just buy a firestick than to beg for assistance on this device?

0 Kudos
Mothmuis

Re: Device activation issue: never received email

Jump to solution

These troubleshooting methods did not work.  I have no email.

SN:s02a21drp1r7

Roku Ultra 4800r

0 Kudos
tsb82
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express not sending emails out

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Have tried every suggestion mentioned. Wish there was a phone number to call. Not very impressed so far

0 Kudos